Regardless of which team you’re rooting for, victory is yours with this recipe. It’s easy and bursting with flavor. To alleviate some pressure, prepare pico de gallo day before and filling on game day.
Pico de Gallo Ingredients
• 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely diced (about 1 ½ cups)
• ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
• ¼ cup finely chopped white onion
• 1 small fresh jalapeño, finely chopped, including half the seeds, or more for added heat
• 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• ½ teaspoon salt
Ground Beef Ingredients
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef
• 8 large pitted green olives, quartered
• 1 tablespoon tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup beef stock
• 18 taco shells
• Shredded cheese
• Sour cream
• 2 Haas avocados, diced
1. In a small bowl, mix all pico de gallo ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for up to one day.
2. If necessary, drain any excess liquid before serving.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Break up ground beef in skillet as it cooks until brown and no hint of pink.
5. Stir in tomato paste until well-combined with beef. Mix in olives, cumin and salt.
6. Add one cup beef stock. Cover; reduce heat to low, and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Assemble taco ingredients in this order: 1-2 tablespoons of beef, shredded cheese, sour cream and top with diced avocados.
Makes 18 tacos.