Pic shows: e-cigarretes are ejecting sparks from the pocket of the victim's pants.
This is the dramatic moment an electronic cigarette battery burst into flames while it was in a nightclub ownerâs jacket.
The incident took place shortly after midnight in the French city of Toulouse and was filmed by CCTV cameras outside the club owned by the victim, Amine Britel.
The footage shows the moment the spare battery suddenly sent sparks flying and began to melt through the man's jacket in a fiery explosion.
The security guards standing outside the property rushes over to help, and together they managed to remove the burning battery from what was left of the man's pocket.
The nightclub owner told local media: "All of a sudden I heard a loud bang and a noise like a flare had gone off, only ten times louder. And after the shock of the explosion, I realised that I had caught fire.
"I did not really understand what was happening to me. The pain only came afterwards."
Firefighters took Britel to the emergency room in the cityâs Rangueil Hospital where doctors found that he had major burns across the right side of his abdomen.
Britel told local media: "I have second-degree burns on my stomach and my jacket melted around my finger where I tried to put the fire out.
"Fortunately I was wearing a cotton T-shirt underneath and not a synthetic one. Also fortunately, the battery was not in my jeans."
He is expected to need several weeks of treatment for the severe burns he suffered, and he believes that the battery may have come in contact with money in his pocket which caused the blaze.
He said: "I bought the battery in a local shop in Toulouse, but I have nothing against them.
"But I'm a little upset about the Chinese brand, who could have been clearer about the risks that users are facing."
He said he plans to sue the Chinese company, whose name was not released, even though he does not have much hope of ever getting any money out of them.
He also admitted that desp
(Central European News (CEN))
A nightclub owner in France has recounted the moment an electronic cigarette burst into flames in his jacket pocket.
Amine Britel was standing outside his club when his e-cigarette began sparking, with the dramatic incident caught on CCTV footage.
The incident took place just after midnight outside the Toulouse club, with the sparks quickly melting the man’s jacket.
Britel said: “All of a sudden I heard a loud bang and a noise like a flare had gone off, only ten times louder.
“And after the shock of the explosion, I realized that I had caught fire," he continued."