Toddler Recovering After Swallowing 3.5-Inch Screwdriver

A Colorado toddler is recovering after undergoing surgery to remove a 3.5-inch screwdriver from her large intestine, CBS Denver reported.

Shelia Martinez, who is close to celebrating her second birthday, swallowed the eyeglass screwdriver and soon after was taken by her parents to the San Luis Valley Regional Medical Center in Alamosa.

Removing the screwdriver took surgeons about one hour.

Her family has reported Shelia is recovering well, and they do not know how she got possession of the screwdriver.

Click here to read more and see pictures from CBS Denver.