An English teen died after taking a type of ecstasy, called “MasterCard,” according to police officials, who issued a dire warning Monday to anyone considering popping the deadly pills.
The young woman, whose name and age were not immediately released, was found on the brink of death at 5 a.m. Monday morning after partying at a Manchester nightclub called Don’t Let Daddy Know, Metro reported. She later died at a local hospital.
Police she ingested the pill, which is pink and has a circular shape similar to the credit card company’s logo.
“Sadly, we know it is very unlikely that the girl was the only person to have taken this drug last night,” Greater Manchester Police Detective Helen Bell said.
“We are appealing to anyone who may have taken this form of ecstasy, known as ‘MasterCard’ to get checked out urgently,” she added. “Even if you took it some hours ago, this pill will still be in your system and could be seriously harming your health.”
Ecstasy is a popular party drug that gives users a euphoric-like high that can distort time and cause heightened sexual experiences.