Man's Prosthetic Leg Set on Fire During Drinking Game

A New Mexico man is recovering in a Texas burns center after his prosthetic leg was set on fire during a drinking game, the Las Cruces Sun-News reported Saturday.

The 47-year-old man and his friends had been drinking together and made a bet that whoever drank the least would be set on fire.

Police said the man told investigators he only drank six beers and so lost the bet and agreed to be set on fire.

The friends set his prosthetic leg — which is made of plastic — on fire but the flames quickly spread.

His buttocks and lower back received severe burns and he took his clothes off in an attempt to ease the pain.

His friends decided to take him to the hospital but became "nervous and dropped the victim off" on a highway instead, police said.

After passersby reported seeing the man in distress he was taken to Mountain View Regional Hospital before being transferred to a Texas burn treatment center.

Click here to read more from NewsCore.