MERIDEN, Conn. – Ten residents of Meriden, Conn., including six children, have been hospitalized after they were exposed to carbon monoxide. A generator was found operating in the basement of the two-family home.
According to WFSB-TV, officials say they were called to the house shortly after 1 a.m. Tuesday on reports of a child having a seizure. Officials say the seizure was a side effect of the carbon monoxide poisoning.
Firefighters had to break down doors and wake people to get them out of the house. Officials say another child passed out.
There is no word on the condition of any of the victims. The youngest is 1 year old.