A man has been arrested in connection with the destruction of Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
The LAPD told FOX411 on Thursday morning that an arrest had been made.
Jamie Otis was taken into custody early Thursday on suspicion of felony vandalism. It wasn't immediately known if he has an attorney.
Otis told several media outlets after Wednesday's pre-dawn attack that he originally intended to remove the star. He said he wanted to auction it off to raise funds for the 11 women accusing the presidential candidate of groping them. Trump has denied the groping allegations.
Trump’s star was awarded to him back in 2007.
The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce stated on Wednesday that the organization “intends to prosecute to the full extent of the law.”
"When people are unhappy with one of our honorees, we would hope that they would project their anger in more positive ways than to vandalize a California State landmark," stated the organization’s president, Leron Gubler. "Our democracy is based on respect for the law. People can make a difference by voting and not destroying public property."
Fox News' Leora Arnowitz and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Police investigate Trump's smashed star