Harvey Weinstein speaks about wife leaving him: 'I hope one day we can reconcile'

Embattled movie mogul Harvey Weinstein says of the crisis engulfing him and of his wife, Georgina Chapman, leaving him, “I am profoundly devastated. I have lost my wife and kids, whom I love more than anything else.”

After Chapman, 41, announced she was leaving him Tuesday night following a series of allegations of rape and sexual assault against him by actresses, Weinstein sounded sad and shell-shocked when he spoke to Page Six shortly after.

As exclusively revealed on “Page Six TV,” Weinstein, 65, told us of Marchesa co-founder Chapman’s decision, “I fully support her decision. I didn’t stand in Georgina’s way when we discussed a separation, I encouraged her to do what was in her heart. I know she has to do what is best for the children, for herself and her business, she employs 130 people. I don’t want her or my children to be hurt any more than they already have. I truly love Georgina, and I hope one day we can reconcile, although right now I don’t know if that could possibly happen.”

Late last week, after the New York Times dropped its story alleging he harassed women over three decades, both Weinstein and Chapman told us they were staying together, and she was fully supportive of her husband of 10 years.

But according to another source, Chapman came under massive pressure over the weekend to separate herself from Weinstein for the sake of her children and to save her business. The couple has two children together, a daughter, India Pearl, and a son, Dashiell.

The source added that Chapman spent the weekend speaking to advisers and publicists, and she made the decision to leave Weinstein once the New Yorker piece dropped, in which three women accused her husband of rape, plus stars including Gwyneth Paltrow and Angelina Jolie said he had sexually harassed them.

“Georgina always knew Harvey was no angel, but she was genuinely shocked and horrified by the number of women making claims against him, and the serious nature of the allegations,” the source continued.

89th Academy Awards - Oscars Vanity Fair Party - Beverly Hills, California, U.S. - 26/02/17 – Producer Harvey Weinstein and fashion designer Georgina Chapman. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok - HP1ED2R0QSGOG

89th Academy Awards - Oscars Vanity Fair Party - Beverly Hills, California, U.S. - 26/02/17 – Producer Harvey Weinstein and fashion designer Georgina Chapman. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok - HP1ED2R0QSGOG

Chapman said in a statement Tuesday night, “My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions.”

Weinstein himself contends that he believed all the encounters were consensual but has said all along, “I apologize to everyone who has been hurt by my actions.”

Meanwhile, many of Weinstein’s former Hollywood and political allies have spoken out against him. When asked how he feels about it, he said, “I don’t know what to say. With some [people I considered close friends], it saddens me.”

While he declined to comment on statements made by the Obamas and Hillary Clinton against him, other sources say he is heartbroken after Barack and Michelle released a statement expressing their disgust.

Weinstein was a big bundler for both Obama and Clinton and visited the White House many times during Obama’s presidency. He also offered former first daughter Malia a paid internship with The Weinstein Company this summer, and sources said he was always on his “best behavior” around the teen.

Plus, Weinstein organized many events for Clinton during the last campaign, including a star-studded fundraiser for her at his Manhattan home in 2016.

This article originally appeared in Page Six.