BRUSSELS – The Latest on attacks in Brussels (all times local):
Germany's top security official says he wants European security agencies to be able to exchange information more easily.
Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere told RTL television late Tuesday that the Brussels attacks "and the security situation, the terror situation, should make us put the data protection arguments last."
De Maziere also say a soccer friendly match against England will go ahead despite the Brussels attacks. He says authorities "have no indications of a security threat" targeting the match in Berlin on Saturday.
In November, Islamic extremists tried to enter the stadium where Germany was playing France as part of a series of attacks in Paris. Days later, a friendly against the Netherlands days was canceled because of a security warning.
Belgian authorities were searching Wednesday for a top suspect in the country's deadliest attacks in decades, as the European Union's capital awoke under guard and with limited public transport after 34 were killed in bombings on the Brussels airport and a subway station.
Police conducted raids into the night and circulated a photo of three men seen in the airport suspected of involvement in Tuesday's attacks.
Belgian state broadcaster RTBF has identified two of the attackers as brothers Khalid and Brahim Bakraoui. They are believed to have blown themselves up in the attacks.
The third man is at large and has not been identified.
The report Wednesday says the brothers were known to police for past crimes, but nothing relating to terrorism. RTBF says Khalid El Bakraoui had rented an apartment which was raided by police last week in an operation that led authorities to top Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam.