RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – Saudi Arabia's Interior Ministry says police have arrested three Saudis suspected of opening fire and wounding a Danish citizen last month.
Interior Ministry spokesman Mansour al-Turki said in a statement on Thursday that the "perpetrators of the vicious attack" had ties to the Islamic State extremist group. He says they trained for two weeks before carrying out the shooting on Nov. 22, which wounded the Danish man as he drove from work in his car in the capital Riyadh.
Supporters of the Islamic State group released a video earlier this month showing the shooting and claiming responsibility for it. Al-Turki says police have arrested the driver, the shooter and the man who filmed the attack.
IS group leaders have called on supporters to launch attacks inside Saudi Arabia.