NAIROBI, Kenya – An official says Sudan has continued with its aerial bombardment of South Sudan dropping eight bombs overnight.
South Sudan's military spokesman Col. Philip Aguer said Tuesday that Sudanese Antonov's dropped the bombs overnight between 11 p.m. and 1 a.m. in Panakuac. Aguer says he has not received information on whether there were casualties from the attack because of poor communications.
On Monday Sudanese warplanes bombed a market, another town and an oil field in South Sudan's Unity State, killing at least two people and elevating the risk of an all-out war between the two old enemies.
South Sudan seceded from Sudan last year as a result of a 2005 peace treaty that ended decades of war that killed 2 million people. The country's have been fighting over the sharing of oil revenues and a disputed border.