MEXICO CITY – MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican authorities confirm that a second migrant survived the massacre of 72 Central and South Americans near the border with the U.S.
A spokesman for the Attorney General's office says a Honduran man also survived.
Authorities previously said an Ecuadorean survivor escaped and alerted marines, who found the bodies last week at a ranch in Tamaulipas state, which borders Texas.
Spokesman Ricardo Najera said Wednesday that authorities had kept the information about the other survivor secret to protect him. He said security forces are protecting the Honduran, who has offered "important information" about the massacre.
Authorities suspect the Zetas drug gang killed the migrants after they refused to smuggle drugs.