Amanda Knox: 'I Will Never Go Willingly Back'
{{#rendered}} {{/rendered}}Amanda Knox puts her hand to her forehead while making a television appearance, Friday, Jan. 31, 2014 in New York. Knox said she will fight the reinstated guilty verdict against her and an ex-boyfriend in the 2007 slaying of a British roommate in Italy and vowed to "never go willingly" to face her fate in that country's judicial system . "I'm going to fight this to the very end," she said in an interview with Robin Roberts on ABC's "Good Morning America." (AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)
Amanda Knox says she'll never willingly go back to Italy to face a 28½-year prison sentence for a murder conviction that was upheld by an Italian court.
She made the comments on ABC's "Good Morning America," on Friday, a day after her guilty verdict was reinstated.
Speaking to Robin Roberts, the 26-year-old University of Washington student said she would "fight this to the very end." She said the court's decision was unfair, considering she previously had been cleared.
{{#rendered}} {{/rendered}}Italy's supreme court reinstated the guilty verdict first handed down against her and ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito in 2009 in the slaying of a British roommate, Meredith Kercher.
The verdict was overturned in 2011, but the court vacated that decision and sent the case back for a third trial in Florence.
Follow us on twitter.com/foxnewslatino
{{#rendered}} {{/rendered}}Like us at facebook.com/foxnewslatino