BAGHDAD, Iraq – Al Qaeda (search)-linked militant Abu Musab al-Zarqawi (search) issued a Web site statement Wednesday claiming responsibility for an attack on a home used by Iraq's interim prime minister.
The statement, posted on a site known for such claims, promised to pursue Prime Minister Iyad Allawi (search), who is seen by Iraq's insurgents as a collaborator with President Bush and the 160,000 foreign troops in Iraq.
"We would like to break the bad news to you — Allawi — that if the death rockets have missed you ... our quiver, thank God, is full of death arrows," said the statement, which carried al-Zarqawi's signature.
Four mortar rounds slammed into a neighborhood near Allawi's home and his political party's headquarters last week, wounding six people. Allawi was not there at the time of the attack.
"If an arrow misses its target, soon, with God's help, one is going to pierce your heart with a killing one ... We are after you." the statement said. It was dated July 8, one day after the attack.
In another statement, the military wing of al-Zarqawi's group, Tawhid and Jihad, claimed responsibility for striking two American military bases and troops in Ramadi, a hotspot of anti-coalition activity west of Baghdad.
The attack took place about 500 yards from an American base and destroyed a Humvee, witnesses said.
The U.S. military said Monday that a car bomb exploded as an American convoy passed, damaging one vehicle. No U.S. troops were hurt.
The United States is offering $25 million for information leading to al-Zarqawi's capture.
The two statements appeared on at least two Islamic militant Web sites, where al-Zarqawi's previous claims have been posted. Their authenticity couldn't be verified.