A nonprofit helping to search the Orlando area for missing toddler Caylee Anthony may end its work on the case because of the foundering economy.
"We gotta think about what's good for [Texas] Equusearch in these tough economic times, because people who donate money may not donate again if all our money goes to one person when there are more [missing persons] out there," Tim Miller, the founder of the nonprofit told MyFOXOrlando.com.
The news comes as the toddler's grandfather has been subpoenaed to testify before a grand jury on Tuesday about the smell coming from his daughter's white Pontiac, MyFOXOrlando.com reported. George Anthony is expected to answer questions regarding the car.
Defense attorney Jose Baez said late Monday that he expects his client to be "naturally nervous," MyFOXOrlando.com reported.
"Casey Anthony has been prepared for the worst, but has always been hoping for the best," Baez said in a statement. "Although she would be naturally nervous and very upset about going back into confinement, she is prepared and has been for that if it happens."
Anthony's mother, Cindy, told MyFOXOrlando.com that she plans to attend Tuesday's court appearance.
"I'm going to be wherever Casey is," she told MyFOXOrlando.com. "I want to make sure if she's re-arrested, that I'm able to give her one last hug, in case I can't do that for a while."
Her daughter, Casey Anthony, is a suspect in Caylee's disappearance. The little girl was last seen in mid-June, two months before her third birthday. Police believe Caylee is dead, and said they've found evidence of a decomposing body they think belongs to the child in the trunk of the Pontiac.
Equusearch has already spent $44,000 on the search for the girl, who disappeared sometime in June from the Orlando area, and recouped only $12,000 for their costs from public and private donations.
Miller returned to Orlando last week with author Judith McNaught, who called the Caylee search "a draining case."
"I'm out here to write checks, that's what the Board of Directors does, because we all want it to turn out so well," McNaught told MyFOXOrlando.com. "At the same time, this is the first time I've made a public appearance on any case, because he [Miller] is so exhausted."
The group had to halt its search for the toddler briefly due to Tropical Storm Fay.
Miller told MyFOXOrlando.com that he'd have his final decision on Monday.
Meanwhile, the defense team for the mother of missing Florida child Caylee Anthony was granted access to her car and forensic tests on Friday.
Ninth Judicial Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland disagreed Friday with an argument by Orange County prosecutors that the evidence did not pertain to the child neglect charges that Casey Anthony faces in the disappearance of her toddler daughter.
Strickland allowed motions that the defense be given access to forensic tests involving chloroform, DNA air samples and hair strands within 10 days. He denied access to evidence collected by cadaver dogs.
Baez had sought the car and other items available so he can conduct his own tests.
Anthony, 22, did not attend the hearing.
Baez argued for the sharing of evidence and a number of other defense motions on behalf of his client. He also wants Anthony to be allowed off house arrest to help in the search for her little girl.
Anthony faces more than a dozen charges alleging she stole from a friend, neglected her child and provided false statements to authorities.
On Thursday, Baez told a morning show that he and Anthony are prepared for the worst.
The state attorney’s office and Orange County Sheriffs are working together on the murder case against Anthony, though no charges have been formally filed as of yet, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.