Topics: July 26

• Join host Brit Hume and FOX's Team Washington weekdays at 6 p.m. ET for "Special Report" — Find out what's happening inside the Beltway and on the world stage.

Real journalism: fair and balanced. That's why we're No. 1 — FOX News Channel.

Tuesday, July 26:

Team FOX goes around the world giving you the people, places and politics you need to know — only on “Special Report.”

The White House has agreed to release memos written by John Roberts (search) during his time as a special assistant at the Department of Justice and from his tenure in the White House counsel's office, but the administration refused to release any documents from Roberts' time as deputy solicitor general. Carl Cameron has the details.

And Republicans and Democrats offered competing Social Security reform (search) plans today. The Republican plan would spend Social Security trust fund dollars on Social Security, while the Democratic plan would offer incentives for workers to invest in 401K plans. Major Garrett explains the differences in the plans.

With 90 percent of Iraq's GDP coming from oil exports, could Iraqi oil platforms t be the next target for terrorists in an attempt to hurt Iraq's economy and thereby destabilize the new government? Bret Baier investigates

Also, Syria's role in the U.N. Oil-for-Food scandal (search) is greater than first thought. As Jonathan Hunt reports, an agreement between Iraq and Syria resulted in three billion dollars worth of oil being imported by Syria, with 40 percent of the oil being paid for in cash, and the other 60 percent paid for by goods, including military supplies.

On the first day of six-party talks, North Korea (search) said it was prepared to work on eliminating nuclear weapons. And the United States reiterated its position that it would not invade or attack North Korea. David Piper has the latest.

Also, Tony Blair (search) finds himself in a stronger political position than he was in a few months ago. Blair's popularity has seen a boost due to his reaction to the recent attacks in London, as well as the fact that London was selected to host the Olympics in 2012, something Mr. Blair enthusiastically supported. Simon Marks takes a look at Blair's political standing.

Then, should “mother” and “father” be taken off birth certificates because it discriminates against same-sex couples? There’s a debate between gay rights advocates and government officials in the state of Massachusetts. Alisyn Camerota explains.

Plus, the Central American Free Trade Agreement (search) remains a hot button issue in Washington, with people on both sides continuing to voice their opinions. And now labor has jumped into the fray too, reports Brian Wilson.

We'll also talk with our all-star panel of FOX News contributors about the day's headlines:

—Fred Barnes, executive editor of The Weekly Standard

Mort Kondracke, executive editor of Roll Call

—Nina Easton, deputy Washington bureau chief for The Boston Globe

Don’t miss tonight’s “Special Report with Brit Hume.”

About the Show

Anchored by Washington news veteran Brit Hume, "Special Report with Brit Hume" provides an in-depth look at the day's news and offers a daily topical discussion of political issues impacting the nation.

Hume serves as host to key newsmakers, political pundits and FOX News contributors exchanging views about political matters from taxes and Social Security to international affairs and the political scandal of the day.

Hume brings a historical perspective to the political scene that is rarely rivaled. Born and raised in Washington, D.C., he has covered the policies, procedures and players in the national game called politics for more than 30 years. The Baltimore Sun referred to him as "the very personification of the political establishment."

Each program features a two-minute segment called The Grapevine, which reels off the latest outrageous news nuggets, political poll results and in-the-Beltway gossip that viewers will not see on any other news program. The New York Daily News describes The Grapevine as a must see that, "will make you sound smart around the water cooler… the next day."

FOX News' Team Washington provides live reports from the White House, Capitol Hill, the Supreme Court and key federal agencies. Seasoned correspondents, including Carl Cameron, Wendell Goler and Major Garrett, explore political hot spots, races and legislative battles being waged around the nation and abroad.

Hume wraps up each program with a lively roundtable discussion featuring Mara Liasson of National Public Radio, Fred Barnes of The Weekly Standard and Mort Kondracke of Roll Call.

And more people watch FNC's Primetime than all of the cable news competition combined!

— Guests and topics are subject to change