She's been called the "missing jogger" but Lori Hacking (search) may have never gone jogging at all the day she vanished, police said Thursday.

Police said they have no evidence that Hacking ever made it to Memory Grove Park on Monday, July 19, the day her husband reported her missing.

They are continuing to sift through a municipal landfill looking for clues to the pregnant 27-year-old's disappearance, and are following up on a tip of a neighbor who said someone may have used his plastic trash barrel to dispose of a body.

Fox News learned on Wednesday that a "rage killing" may have taken place inside Lori and Mark Hacking's apartment hours before Lori was reported missing.

An investigative source working on the case said Lori Hacking was likely attacked inside the apartment, sometime between the night of July 18 and the morning of July 19.

Police would not confirm the theory, saying Lori Hacking is still considered a missing person.

Sources close to the case said there was some evidence of a struggle, but no indication that it was a chaotic situation. Though there were drops of blood found inside the apartment, there was no evidence that any blood had been cleaned up, sources said.

No one has been named a suspect in the case, but Lori's husband, Mark Hacking (search), has been labeled a "person of interest."

The couple were planning to leave their Salt Lake City home last week and move to North Carolina, but Lori Hacking disappeared just days before, apparently on July 19. Lori had just learned she was five weeks pregnant.

Hacking's co-workers said Lori was sobbing after the University of North Carolina (search) medical school called to say her husband was not enrolled there, as he had told her he was. Lori had been trying to arrange on-campus housing.

Angie Hawke, a friend of Lori's, told FOX News that she spoke with the couple on July 18, the night before the disappearance. "I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary," she said Thursday. "I congratulated Mark on getting accepted into medical school... We were just really happy."

Hawke said that even if something was wrong with the couple she most likely wouldn't have known about it.

"Lori is a very private person, if something were wrong between her and Mark she wouldn't be one to display it in front of her friends.

At the end of the conversation Hawke said she gave Lori a hug and it dawned on her that she might not be seeing the couple again as they were about to move to North Carolina. "I said 'Is this the last time I'll see you?' and she said 'No, I'll see you at the party next week.'"

Hawke said she is still hoping her friend is alive. "I can't give up on that hope. I love this girl. I have to believe she's still available for me."

The Deseret Morning News reported Wednesday that a clerk at a convenience store near the couple's apartment, who was not identified, said Mark and Lori Hacking came in between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. July 18, the day before Lori was reported missing.

The source told the radio station that Mark Hacking was talking with the clerks and seemed happy, but his wife did not seem happy. The clerk said Mark visited the store several times a week and asked employees not to tell his wife he was buying cigarettes.

Meanwhile, the search for Lori Hacking was winding down as hope she would be found alive faded.

The families of Mark and Lori Hacking on Wednesday shut down their volunteer command post at a Mormon meeting house after calling off an organized search of neighborhoods, industrial areas and nearby canyons.

Police with cadaver dogs turned up no clues to the pregnant woman's whereabouts in an early morning search.

The canine crews found "nothing of consequence" at the municipal landfill before breaking off for the day, but they have not finished methodically churning up 15 feet of garbage and dirt over a wide area, Detective Phil Eslinger said Wednesday.

Mark Hacking, 28, who has been hospitalized since last week in a psychiatric unit, has retained high-profile defense attorney D. Gilbert Athay.

FOX News' Alicia Acuna and Carol McKinley and The Associated Press contributed to this report.