An eight-year-old girl said a convicted child molester bound her family before kidnapping her and her brother; after that, he molested them both repeatedly, according to court papers released Tuesday.

Shasta Groene, who disappeared May 16 with her nine-year-old brother Dylan, said Joseph Edward Duncan III (search) took them away from their home in a pickup truck.

The abducted children's mother, older brother and mother's boyfriend were beaten to death, their bodies found the day the children vanished. The affidavit containing the girl's account of her ordeal, however, makes no mention of the beatings, or whether Shasta witnessed them.

Duncan, 42, was charged with two counts of first-degree kidnapping and ordered held without bail. Making his court appearance via video hook-up Wednesday, Duncan was shackled and appeared unshaven.

The intent of the crimes, court documents said, was to rape, seriously injure or commit a lewd and lascivious act on a child under 16 years old. Duncan has not been charged with anything other than the kidnapping counts, which can carry the death penalty or life in prison.

Kootenai County Sheriff's Sgt. Brad Maskell (search) wrote in the terse, handwritten document that both Shasta and 9-year-old Dylan Groene "were repeatedly molested."

Early Saturday, employees and customers spotted the girl eating breakfast with Duncan, of Fargo, N.D., in Coeur d'Alene.

Authorities on Tuesday continued to wait for DNA test (search) results of human remains found in western Montana earlier this week that may be those of 9-year-old Dylan, who authorities believe is dead. Those results are expected to take three days.

Duncan had spent more than a decade in prison for sexually assaulting a 14-year-old boy at gunpoint and was a fugitive at the time of his arrest, accused of molesting a 6-year-old boy in Minnesota.

A registered high-risk sex offender, Duncan was released on $15,000 bail earlier this year after being charged with molesting the boy. Police in Fargo, N.D. had been looking for Duncan since May, when he failed to check in with a probation agent.

Duncan has refused to cooperate with authorities in their search for the 9-year-old boy, officials said. Authorities have relied on information from his sister, evidence from Duncan's stolen red Jeep Cherokee and some 100 new tips from the public in the search for the boy.

At a news conference in St. Regis, Mont., FBI Special Agent in Charge Tim Fuhrman of Salt Lake City confirmed Tuesday that the children were with Duncan in the Lolo National Forest of northwestern Montana sometime over the past seven weeks. But he said officials had not yet confirmed whether Duncan was with them the entire time.

A gas station and convenience store clerk in the western Montana logging community of about 300 people told The Associated Press she recognized Duncan after seeing his photo.

Jackie Allen, 26, told police Duncan had been a customer several weeks after the children disappeared. Neither of the children were with him at the time, she said.

"It's been crazy. I mean, if I would have known I probably could have saved those babies," said Allen, a mother of two.

Authorities believe Shasta may have tried to get patrons at another gas station and convenience store to recognize her, hours before she was found at the Denny's restaurant.

Security camera videotape showed the girl and her alleged kidnapper at the store Friday evening in Kellogg, about 40 road miles east of Coeur d'Alene.

"In the small takes I saw out of that surveillance video, she's walking around, stopping, looking right at the faces of the different patrons there," Kootenai County Sheriff's Capt. Ben Wolfinger said Tuesday on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Cameron Conoco owner Ted Beamis told The Associated Press that the girl's alleged abductor, "acted like he didn't have a care in the world" until one point during his visit.

"He was walking around. You could see him kind of watching her. One time in the store she's wandering up and down the aisles, and he kind of loses track of her, and you can see him looking around in a panic."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.