Nuclear Plant Worker Claims He Ate Pot-Laced Brownies by Accident

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A Vermont Yankee control room operator who tested positive for marijuana says he accidentally ingested it by eating pot-laced brownies at a Fourth of July party.

Jonathan Picard said he had inadvertently eaten two brownies that he later learned contained marijuana.

He was tested last July 15, 11 days after eating the brownies, and suspended three days later.

The Nuclear Regulatory Commission says Picard is still working for Entergy Nuclear, but not in the plant control room.

Picard reported for duty when he knew he'd eaten the marijuana brownies and didn't tell his supervisor, said NRC spokesman Neil Sheehan.

Sheehan said there are no questions about Picard's job behavior.