The main gate at Nellis Air Force Base in Las Vegas was locked down on Friday afternoon after a man made a bomb threat, according to local reports.
Metro Police said the man had been taken into custody without incident and is now in the hands of federal officials, www.ktnv.com said.
The main gate remains closed while the investigation continues.
A spokesman at Nellis told Fox News the gate was closed because of what he described as a minor incident, although he did not have details.
He called the situation "routine" and said there was "no ongoing threat to the public."
The base's other gates remain open.
Traffic around the area was diverted after the incident at around 3 p.m.
Nellis is the location of the United States Air Force Warfare Center and is a major training location for both U.S. and foreign military aircrews.