In his 2004 documentary "Super Size Me," filmmaker Morgan Spurlock (search) ate at McDonald's for a month and gained 25 pounds.

Maybe he didn't eat there long enough. Another Morgan — Merab Morgan of Henderson, N.C. — has lost 33 pounds after more than two months on a McDonald's-only diet.

Mickey D's is affordable, the 35-year-old woman explained, and nearly every franchise posts a chart, also available on the Web, listing the calories in each menu item.

So Morgan simply memorized the chart, and now calculates how many calories each meal will be before she goes to the drive-through window.

"I just [stay] anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 calories a day," she told WRAL-TV of Raleigh.

That's well under the 1,800 to 2,200 calories nutritionists deem the "replacement value" for a healthy adult, and far less than the 3,500 daily calories Morgan told the Raleigh News & Observer she had been eating prior to the diet.

Morgan, who's raising two kids alone and works in construction, spends between $9 and $11 per day on food, sometimes ordering all three meals at once.

At 5-foot-9, she's down to 195 pounds and has gone from a size 24 to a size 15.

Barry Popkin, a nutritionist at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's School of Public Health, doubted that Morgan was getting enough minerals, fibers and vitamins, but admired her for devising a system that works.

"She's created, for her lifestyle, a very smart diet," Popkin told the News & Observer. "The moral of the story for every person is [that] you've got to work out a plan that fits your lifestyle."

Morgan would like to be the McDonald's version of Jared Fogle (search), the young man who lost weight on Subway sandwiches.

But she added that the company's attitude toward customer solicitation was basically, "We appreciate all your good ideas, but keep them to yourself."

Elderly Man in Wheelchair Allegedly Attacks Sheriff's Deputy

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A 73-year-old man faces criminal charges alleging he repeatedly rammed a sheriff's deputy with his motorized wheelchair and tried to take the officer's gun.

John T. Snyder was charged Monday with felony disarming a peace officer and misdemeanor counts of assault and interference with an officer.

According to court papers, Salt Lake County (search) Deputy Christopher Maez went to a Wal-Mart on July 4 after managers complained that Snyder entered the store even though he had been banned.

When Maez asked Snyder to go outside to discuss the complaint, Snyder allegedly drove his wheelchair into the deputy's legs and cursed at him.

Maez told him to watch his language, and Snyder allegedly propelled his chair into the deputy's legs twice more, pinning him against a produce stand.

Maez drew his weapon and told Snyder to back off, but Snyder stopped only after Maez instead used his stun gun on him several times, according to the court papers.

There was no immediate explanation why Snyder was banned from the store. Wal-Mart officials didn't return a call seeking comment Tuesday, and Snyder does not have a listed phone number.

Arraignment was set for Sept. 12.

— Thanks to Out There readers Lee R. and Kathi C.

He Must Be a Regular

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Stephen Holloday has a familiar face — at least to tellers at one downtown Oakland bank.

Police say he robbed the same bank four times between March 9 and May 23, but on his fifth attempt this month, a teller recognized him and alerted another co-worker who had been robbed previously by Holloday.

The two confronted the man, who panicked and fled, said Oakland police Sgt. George Phillips.

Holloday was arrested a short time later on a street not far from the Summit Bank, the evidence — a demand note — still in his pocket.

"He was a creature of habit," Phillips said. "He had a penchant for doing the same bank over and over."

Holloday also is a suspect in at least seven San Francisco bank robberies, including one branch he allegedly hit five times, authorities said.

— Thanks to Out There reader Don W.

Cold War Relic Fished From Deep

BELLINGHAM, Wash. (AP) — It was hard to miss. The stubby missile, floating about 14 miles off the Washington coast, was crusted with barnacles, seaweed and seagull droppings and had a live seagull sitting on its nose.

The trawler Windjammer had just pulled its net when skipper Erik Eide spotted the object on Sunday afternoon. He decided to move in for a closer look.

It looked to him like a World War II buzz bomb (search).

"It was kind of freaky at first," Eide said.

Then he remembered seeing something similar on the Discovery Channel and he was pretty sure it was a type of sonar rig. Eide decided to haul it on board in hopes that it could be worth something.

"We're just four guys struggling to make a living," he said.

When they scraped off some barnacles and seaweed, they saw Cyrillic letters and that's when Eide decided they better report their find to the U.S. Coast Guard.

Minutes later, the Coast Guard radioed back to say it was coming to take a look.

A helicopter flew over, a vessel pulled alongside, took some digital pictures and then the Navy ordered Eide to head to Port Angeles instead of heading to the Bornstein Seafoods dock in Bellingham, with his perishable cargo of cod and sole.

Jay Overton, spokesman for Navy Region Northwest, confirmed Eide's assessment that the object was not dangerous. He said Tuesday that the Navy had decided the device was some kind of Cold War era communications device.

"It has no real value to the Navy," Overton said, adding that they would probably be returning it to Eide with the government's thanks for doing the right thing and reporting the find.

Click in the photo and video boxes above to see a strange submersible Soviet object.

Loose Change, Old Remote Controls and a Live Grenade

SELMA, Ala. (AP) — Workers removing furniture from the home of a deceased elderly woman got a shock when they spotted an active hand grenade stuck in the bottom of the couch.

The FBI, ATF and Montgomery Police Bomb Squad (search) were called to the scene after the bomb was discovered last Thursday.

"They used a robot, armed with a camera, from about 50 yards away from the grenade," Selma Police Chief Jimmy Martin said.

The robot successfully ripped open the back of the couch but could not secure the grenade; Martin said the camera on the robot could not discern whether the pin was in. A member of the bomb squad was then sent into the house and found the pin in the grenade.

Martin said police believed the grenade had been there for some time. It was secured and taken to a Montgomery bunker, where officials planned to dispose of it, he said.

Police are investigating how the grenade got into the elderly lady's couch.

Martin said the woman had a military veteran son, who is also deceased, but could not say whether that explained how the grenade came to be in the house.

Top-Rated Town Doesn't Exist

WEXFORD, Pa. (AP) — The town Money magazine rated as the 28th most desirable in America may be a nice place to live, but it's not really a town.

Wexford isn't a municipality — it's a post office designation for parts of Pine, Franklin Park, McCandless and Marshall, four communities in Pittsburgh's North Hills suburbs.

As such, Wexford doesn't have borders, a town hall or a mayor. No entity known as Wexford collects taxes.

The magazine used population living under Wexford's ZIP code — about 18,000 people — to qualify Wexford for inclusion in the survey of "towns" with at least 14,000 residents.

A magazine panel rated the Wexford area the 28th best place to live in the nation based on the above-average incomes of those who live there, increasing real estate values and rising population.

Moorestown, N.J., a Philadelphia suburb, topped Money's list of best towns in America.

Compiled by FOXNews.com's Paul Wagenseil.

Got a good "Out There" story in your hometown? We'd like to know about it. Send an e-mail, with a Web link (we need to authenticate these things), to outthere@foxnews.com.