The defense team for the mother of missing Florida child Caylee Anthony was granted access to her car and forensic tests on Friday.
Ninth Judicial Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland disagreed Friday with an argument by Orange County prosecutors that the evidence did not pertain to the child neglect charges that Casey Anthony faces in the disappearance of her toddler daughter.
Strickland allowed motions that the defense be given access to forensic tests involving chloroform, DNA air samples and hair strands within 10 days. He denied access to evidence collected by cadaver dogs.
Defense attorney Jose Baez had sought the car and other items available so he can conduct his own tests.
Anthony, 22, did not attend the hearing.
Baez argued for the sharing of evidence and a number of other defense motions on behalf of his client. He also wants Anthony to be allowed off house arrest to help in the search for her little girl.
Anthony is a suspect in her daughter's disappearance. News came earlier this week that police and prosecutors may be planning to file murder charges against her soon.
The little girl was last seen in mid-June, two months before her third birthday. Police believe the missing toddler is dead, and said they've found evidence of a decomposing body they think belongs to the child in her mother's trunk.
Anthony faces more than a dozen charges alleging she stole from a friend, neglected her child and provided false statements to authorities.
On Thursday, Baez told a morning show that he and Anthony are prepared for the worst.
The state attorney’s office and Orange County Sheriffs are working together on the murder case against Anthony, though no charges have been formally filed as of yet, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.
A grand jury will reportedly convene in Orange County, Fla., next week and evidence against Anthony could be presented, though that hasn't yet been confirmed, MyFOXOrlando.com reported.
Baez wouldn't say whether he expected his client to be indicted on homicide charges, but told the "Today" show Thursday morning that he and Anthony were bracing themselves for the worst.
He accused authorities of abandoning their search for Caylee in favor of building their case against her mom.
The sheriff's office still won't comment on whether murder charges are imminent or whether a grand jury will indict Anthony on Tuesday on those or other charges.
"We’re not going to project what we will doing in the next couple of days or in the coming weeks," Orange County Sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves told FOXNews.com on Thursday. He said that includes information about a forthcoming arrest or new charges, if any.
For now, Nieves said, Anthony remains a suspect in her daughter's disappearance because of the "totality of the evidence" and her repeated failure to cooperate with police.
"She doesn’t answer any questions. She’s refused to do so," Nieves said. "She’s been deceptive, throwing us off course. ... Obviously that would make her a suspect in the disappearance of her child and the missing persons investigation."
But, he emphasized, it is not a death or murder case — yet.
"It is a missing person investigation. We have not changed that at this point," Nieves told FOXNews.com. "When we do, that will be made clear and done so with the State Attorney’s office."
Prosecutors were unavailable for comment Thursday because their offices were closed for the Yom Kippur holiday.
Anthony has still not been formally charged with anything related to Caylee's disappearance other than lying to investigators and child neglect.
She has repeatedly told officers she left Caylee with a baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez and doesn't know where she is. Detectives don't believe her.
Baez will ask for all records pertaining to Gonzalez in court on Friday.
Meanwhile, Baez said through his spokesman Todd Black that the defense's own investigators are out of state getting a photo of the Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez who Anthony contends took Caylee, according to MyFOXOrlando.com.
Black says the picture was taken at a park and shows the woman they say is the baby sitter, Anthony and little Caylee. It isn't known when the photo was taken.
Black said Anthony's lawyer has for weeks been trying to find the man who has the picture and after finally locating him, sent a team to interview him.
Earlier this week, a camera was installed at the home where Anthony is living on house arrest.
Anthony will appear in court on unrelated check fraud charges Oct. 14.
FOXNews.com's Catherine Donaldson-Evans and The Associated Press contributed to this report.