NEW YORK – If you want to create your own splatter fashion at home, follow these simple steps:
1. Wash clothing to remove all dirt or other dyes.
2. Lay clothing on a flat surface. Make sure to cover the area under the clothing with newspaper or a drop cloth so you can let the paint fly freely when you splatter.
3. Apply fabric paint, available at art stores and chain stores like Wal-Mart and Target, directly to fabric. Use brushes or stencils to create shapes, or just splatter or drizzle at will.
4. Allow color to dry naturally.
5. Set the color by turning the clothing inside out and gently ironing the reverse side under the paint with a warm iron.
To keep your creations looking fresh, wash painted clothing by hand.