Corporate layoffs, falling profits and talk of recession have dominated the headlines and the media’s attention.
But Your World is keeping track of some of the good news that you may have missed in all of the doom and gloom.
• Radio Shack predicts a second half comeback
• Most Federal Reserve members see improved second half
• Interest rates are down 2 percent this year, and are likely to fall even more
• Cirrus logic shakes things up: dumps low-profit "storage" chips in favor of higher profits
• Chip maker Advanced Micro Devices says the chip "dip" is bottoming out and that PC sales are coming back
• Data storage products maker Brocade Communications says business is picking up because customers are firing up stalled technology projects
• US factory orders jump for the first time this year; up 1.8% in March
• Procter & Gamble profits rise 19% to $1.1 billion