Give Me a Name, I'm the Piano Man

He plays the piano beautifully, but no one knows who he is.

British doctors have launched an international appeal to find the identity of a troubled young man who was found wandering in southeastern England last month.

The tall, slim man, thought to be in his 20s or 30s, was discovered April 7 walking the beach on the Isle of Sheppey (search), Kent, dressed in a soaking wet suit and tie.

All the labels had been removed from his clothing, a psychiatric official told the BBC.

The "piano man" has not spoken a word since, and he appears terrified of strangers, but when given a pen and paper, he drew an incredibly detailed picture of a grand piano.

Social worker Michael Camp took the silent man to a piano, where he immediately sat down and played orchestra-quality classical music for hours. He has continued to play in the weeks since.

"Staff say it is a real pleasure to hear it," Ramanah Venkiah, director of the psychiatric unit at Medway Maritime Hospital (search), Gillingham, Kent, told the London Daily Telegraph. "But we still have no idea who he is."

The British National Missing Persons Helpline has posted him on its Web site, asking for help from the public.

"We have had a lot of calls ... telling us they have seen him performing in various parts of Europe," Venkiah told the Telegraph.

In addition to the entirety of Tchaikovsky's "Swan Lake," the man has also played his own written compositions, which experts say show an advanced musical education.

"Playing the piano seems to be the only way he can control his nerves and his tension and relax," the hospital chaplain told the Manchester (England) Guardian. "When he is playing he blanks everything else out. He pays attention to nothing but the music."

The case bears some resemblance to the 1996 movie "Shine," the true story of Australian pianist David Helfgott (search), who suffered a nervous breakdown before returning to professional performing.

"There is no doubt that this man is extremely distressed and depressed," Camp told the London Daily Mail. "He has started crying over the last week or so. It may be that some sort of trauma has made him like this."

Click in the photo box above to see pictures.

— Thanks to Out There reader Peter L.

Burglar Leaves Behind Helpful Clue

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Police have a pretty good idea who broke into a home, ate a meal, soaked in a hot tub and stole $4,000 worth of tools.

A driver's license was found near the hot tub in Nathan Sassamon's home.

"It's not a pleasant feeling to know someone has been in your home, especially when you see these people made themselves comfortable," Sassamon said.

Police still are searching for the 27-year-old man whose identification they found.

Sassamon said he was out of town over the weekend and returned home last Sunday to find that an air compressor, eight tool boxes, a television and a stereo system were missing. Several other items had been taken, and dirty dishes were left in the kitchen.

Sassamon said his home was locked but the burglar apparently got in through a dog door in the garage and pried open a door to get into the house.

— Thanks to Out There reader Stefanie C.

Game of Hide-and-seek Sparks Massive Search

MARTINSBURG, W.Va. (AP) — Two young boys' apparent game of hide-and-seek prompted a massive search involving dozens of people, a helicopter, military planes and at least three K-9 units.

The unidentified boys — both about 5 years old — were found hiding under a bed in their grandmother's Darkesville-area home Thursday afternoon, about 90 minutes after they were reported missing.

"The kids had a game of playing hide-and-seek," said Berkeley County (search) sheriff's Chief Deputy Kenneth Lemaster Jr. "It was a game to them."

Almost all available law enforcement officers took part in the search. Local media outlets were contacted, and crews aboard several West Virginia Air National Guard C-130 planes, already flying in the area, were asked to help. A Maryland State Police helicopter also participated in the search.

One of the dogs eventually picked up the children's scent and started tugging on a blanket they were wrapped up in under the bed, Lemaster said. An officer had searched the home at the start of the investigation but didn't find the boys.

"We had heard word that the two juveniles do like to hide a lot," Lemaster said.

Between 25 and 50 searchers took part in the effort, while more were on their way to the search area.

"It's a happy ending," LeMaster said.

Cab Driver Fails to Pay Full Fare

NEW YORK (AP) — Radio personality "Crazy Cabbie" will spend a year in prison for tax evasion after boasting about it on the nationally syndicated "Howard Stern Show."

The WXRK-FM disc jockey, whose given name is Lee Mroszak, pleaded guilty in December to not paying taxes for three years beginning in 2001.

That year he won $100,000 battling fellow Stern regular "Stuttering John" Melendez in a five-round amateur boxing match that drew a sellout crowd of more than 4,000 people to Atlantic City, N.J.

Mroszak's crime was made more serious by his gloating about it to Stern fans, U.S. District Judge John Gleeson said Friday as he sentenced Mroszak.

"Those folks are out there watching you, listening to you thumb your nose at the government," Gleeson said.

Mroszak, 36, also must pay the taxes he owes. He said outside federal court in Brooklyn that he was ready to serve his sentence.

"The judge was fair," he said. "I'm sorry that it happened and I have to go take care of business now."

Horses Run Wild on Manhattan Streets

NEW YORK (AP) — The wild West Side of Manhattan became Dodge City for a pair of horses turned loose in traffic Friday when a truck collided with a 120-year-old stagecoach, sending the runaway equines on an unscheduled jaunt across town.

The hit-and-run collision occurred on West 14th Street as the vintage Wells Fargo (search) stagecoach headed to a promotional appearance in Union Square.

The collision sent the coach's driver flying and flipped the vintage vehicle onto its side.

Princess and Hero, the horses pulling the coach, escaped without injury, said Dave Sansoucie, a spokesman for Chateau Stables (search), which supplied the stagecoach.

But the two horses continued heading east on a sunny spring morning. One was grabbed by a police officer about four blocks from the crash site, while the other was stopped slightly farther away.

The stagecoach driver, who suffered a bruised shoulder, was taken to a hospital and released, Sansoucie said. The coach itself had barely a scratch after the pileup.

The truck driver did not stop after the accident, and there were no arrests in the hit-and-run as of Friday afternoon, police spokesman Sgt. Kevin Hayes said.

The stagecoach, dating from the 19th century, is rented out for special events. Sansoucie said it was usually trucked to events, but the owners opted for the horse-drawn route Friday because it was a relatively short trip from the Manhattan stables.

Deer Hunts for Bargains at Wal-Mart

NORFOLK, Neb. (AP) — So exactly how do you stop a charging deer in Wal-Mart? You take away its credit card.

Shoppers at the Wal-Mart here wish they would have thought of that. It would have been a whole lot easier.

A deer without a grocery list entered through the doors of the supermarket part of the store Thursday.

The store's greeter didn't see the deer enter through the exit, but she did see the critter when it hit the slick floor and fell. It quickly recovered and went scurrying down the aisles.

After doing a little looking around, the deer was tackled by a customer. Others of the human persuasion then tied the deer's legs so it couldn't kick, placed it in a shopping cart and pushed it outside.

Officials took the animal to nearby Ta-ha-zouka Park and released it.

Compiled by FOX News' Paul Wagenseil.

Got a good "Out There" story in your hometown? We'd like to know about it. Send an e-mail, with a Web link (we need to authenticate these things), to