DENVER – The Denver coroner says a Canadian man who died from cyanide poisoning in a hotel room committed suicide.
The suicide ruling was released Wednesday, nine days after Saleman Abdirahman Dirie was found dead with a pound of highly toxic sodium cyanide in his room.
The coroner ruled last week that cyanide caused the 29-year-old man's death.
Police have said they don't suspect foul play and the FBI says there's no apparent connection to terrorism.
Officials have not said why he had the poison or why he was in Denver, where the Democratic Convention starts in less than a week.
Dirie lived in Ottawa. Acquaintances say the Dirie family came from Somalia and are now Canadian citizens.