Manchester, England (SportsNetwork.com) - Manchester United survived a late scare at Old Trafford on Tuesday to collect a fourth straight Premier League win with a 2-1 defeat of Stoke City.

Marouane Fellaini and Steven Nzonzi exchanged first-half goals before Juan Mata handed the home side the lead in the second period, but it was a couple of late saves from David De Gea that ensured all three points for United, keeping the club in fourth place in the table with 25 points through 14 games.

Stoke, meanwhile, has lost three league matches on the bounce to remain on 15 points.

The Red Devils grabbed the lead after 21 minutes when Ander Herrera delivered a superb cross into the box where Fellaini was arriving to send a powerful header past Asmir Begovic.

Stoke managed to get back on level terms six minutes before the break when a loose ball squirted to the top of the penalty area, allowing Nzonzi to smash home the equalizer.

Fellaini nearly restored United's lead just before halftime following a scramble in the box, but Begovic smothered the Belgian's attempt from close range to keep the Potters on equal footing.

The hosts pushed for the go-ahead goal upon the restart and got their just reward in the 59th minute when Mata's free kick from the right flank curled just inside the far post. It appeared as though Marcos Rojo put the faintest of touches on the delivery, but the Spaniard was ultimately credited with the goal.

United nearly added to the lead in the 70th minute when James Wilson, who started the match in place of the injured Wayne Rooney, surged through on goal, but the 19-year-old slotted his shot just inches wide of the post.

It could have been a costly miss as Stoke rallied in search of a late equalizer.

De Gea produced a fine save in stoppage time when he parried away a header from former United striker Mame Biram Diouf and then made another crucial stop a minute later off of a shot from Marko Arnautovic. Diouf thought he had leveled the score when he pounced on the rebound, but Ashley Young was tracking back to clear the ball off the line and preserve the win.

Liverpool conceded the lead at the KP Stadium but rallied to earn a 3-1 victory over 10-man Leicester City.

An own goal from Simon Mignolet in the 22nd minute granted the home side the lead, but Adam Lallana pounced on a loose ball in the box to fire home the equalizer just five minutes later.

Liverpool regrouped in the second period and took the lead through Steven Gerrard in the 54th minute, and the Reds capitalized on Wes Morgan's 64th- minute red card to make sure of the win thanks to Jordan Henderson's goal six minutes from time.

Swansea City pummeled QPR but only managed to collect a 2-0 win at the Liberty Stadium. The hosts bagged two goals in the final 12 minutes as strikes from Ki Sung-Yueng and Wayne Routledge put the Swans in sixth place with 22 points.

West Ham United rose to fifth place by rallying for a 2-1 victory at West Bromwich Albion.

The Baggies were in front after only 10 minutes thanks to Craig Dawson's early strike, but Kevin Nolan and James Tomkins hit for a goal apiece in the final 10 minutes of the opening period to seal the win.

Rounding out Tuesday's Premier League slate, George Boyd and Papiss Cisse exchanged goals as Burnley played to a 1-1 draw with Newcastle while Christian Benteke netted the lone goal in Aston Villa's 1-0 victory at Crystal Palace.