MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota Twins center fielder Byron Buxton was pulled from the game on Thursday against Oakland after running into the wall while tracking down a flyball in the fifth inning.
- Twins' Buxton passes initial concussion test after being pulled from game
- Twins prospect Gordon making smooth transition to Double-A
- Rehabbing Twins closer Glen Perkins 'tired of being on a plateau'
- Twins Final Pitch: Santana, Santiago effective 1-2 punch
- WATCH: Vargas smacks 3-run homer, finishes with 5 RBI
The Twins say he was pulled for precautionary reasons and passed all the initial concussion tests. He will be evaluated again on Friday before the Twins start a series against Boston.
With two outs in the fifth, Matt Joyce sent a drive to deep left-center field. Buxton raced to make the catch, but slammed into the wall so hard that his hat fell off. He bent over for a few moments before trotting back to the dugout, and did not return to the game.