Matt Schaub threw the game's lone touchdown to Arian Foster, and the Houston Texans prevailed in a defensive slugfest, posting a 13-6 win over the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field.

Foster had 102 yards on 29 carries and added 15 yards on five receptions for the Texans (8-1), who tied a franchise record by winning their fourth consecutive road game.

"You got to be able to win all kinds of ways. We were able to muster it up and win the way we had to tonight," said Houston coach Gary Kubiak.

Jason Campbell filled in at quarterback for a concussed Jay Cutler, but couldn't lead Chicago (7-2) on a game-tying drive in the waning moments.

A steady rain and two play-making defenses made points hard to come by, and in the first half, the play on the field matched the sloppy weather.

Houston and Chicago combined for six turnovers in the opening 30 minutes, with the Texans forcing four of them.

"When you play a good football team like the Texans, you have to get off to a fast start and you just can't make some of the mistakes we made early on," said Bears coach Lovie Smith.

After going three-and-out on the game's opening possession, the visitors immediately got the ball back when safety Danieal Manning, a former Bear, dislodged the ball from tight end Kellen Davis on first down.

Houston linebacker Tim Dobbins, who delivered the likely concussion- inducing hit on Cutler later in the first half, returned the fumble 32 yards, but an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty moved the ball back to the Chicago 43.

The Texans marched to the two-yard line before Shayne Graham kicked a 20-yard field goal.

Each of the next four drives were derailed by turnovers. Chicago running back Michael Bush fumbled after an 11-yard run on fourth down, Schaub was intercepted twice by Tim Jennings and Manning picked off Cutler. The latter takeaway by the Bears led to a 51-yard Robbie Gould field goal.

After an exchanging of punts, Justin Forsett broke off a 25-yard run to set up Foster's diving catch in the end zone for a 2-yard score with 4:14 remaining in the second quarter.

Cutler was believed to have been injured on the Bears' next possession. He absorbed on a hard shot at midfield from Dobbins on a 42-yard pass to Devin Hester.

The play, however, was negated due to offsetting penalties. Cutler got called for an illegal forward pass because he was beyond the line of scrimmage, while Dobbins was flagged for unnecessary roughness.

Cutler remained in the game and threw his second interception later in the drive. He finished the half, but was replaced by Campbell after the break.

"At halftime, we can in and Jay told me to get ready," Campbell said.

Campbell, who had thrown one pass all season entering the game, led the Bears to a 24-yard Gould field goal late in the third quarter. On the next Chicago drive, Gould watched his 48-yard attempt bounce off the left upright.

Graham put the Texans up seven by nailing a 42-yarder with 4:49 remaining.

The Bears started their final drive from their own 38-yard line, but Matt Forte was wrapped up for a 3-yard loss on first down before an offensive holding penalty pushed the ball back to the 25. After passes of seven and eight yards, Campbell's fourth-down pass fell incomplete.

Game Notes

Schaub finished with just 95 yards on 14-of-26 passing ... Foster has scored a touchdown in 11 straight games ... Cutler left the game having completed half of his 14 passes for 40 yards. Campbell connected on 11-of-19 throws for 94 yards ... Forte ran for 39 yards on 16 carries ... The Bears had 249 yards of total offense, while the Texans were limited to 215 yards ... Houston played without tight end Owen Daniels because of a back/hip injury.