For this year's Hispanic Heritage Month, Fox News Latino takes you on a savory trip that will provide your cocina five mouthwatering dishes from our diverse and rich Latino culinary world. Enjoy!
• 2 ½ - 3 pounds boneless chicken thighs
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup chicken stock, plus 3
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• ½ cup white onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups rice
1. Heat oil in a large deep skillet.
2. Liberally season one side of chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken in skillet, seasoned side down and season other side while in the pot.
4. Cook chicken on medium heat until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes on each side. You may need to cook in batches.
5. Set chicken aside.
6. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to skillet if necessary. Add onions, garlic, tomato paste and mix for about one minute until fragrant and well-combined.
7. Add one cup of chicken stock to deglaze the skillet by scraping with a wooden spoon. Then add remaining 3 cups and bring to a boil.
8. Add salt and rice and give it a little mix. Place chicken over rice. Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes.