Enjoy a lightning fast shrimp scampi recipe and bring it to life with our quesadilla enhanced version. Quick, tasty and easy to adjust. Make it a side dish for four or the main entrée for two.
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 3 cloves garlic, grated
• ½ cup white wine
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tablespoon chives, snipped
• 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
• Zest of 1 lemon
• 16 ounces salad shrimp (pat dry)
• Dash red pepper flakes (optional)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 burrito sized flour tortillas
• 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
1. Melt butter in large skillet. Add garlic; sauté for 30 seconds.
2. Add wine and lemon juice; simmer until sauce has thickened.
3. Add chives, cilantro and lemon zest. Sauté for about 1 minute.
4. Add shrimp and mix until well-combined and warmed through.
5. Sprinkle red pepper flakes; salt and pepper if needed. Set aside.
6. Heat double griddle (or large pan) and cover with spray butter. Place tortilla in pan. Sprinkle half grated cheese on one side of each tortilla.
7. Divide and layer with shrimp. Top with remaining cheese.
8. Fold over and flip if needed. Cook until golden. Transfer to a plate. Let cool for a minute or two. Cut into 4 wedges. Repeat with second tortilla and serve with fixings such as guacamole, pico de gallo and sour cream.
Makes 8 wedges.