The Texas model who suffered serious injuries Saturday night after walking into a plane propeller continues to make encouraging strides in her recovery, her parents said Friday morning on NBC's Today Show.

Lauren Scruggs, 23, suffered lacerations to the left side of her face, including her eye and cranial nerve, as well as a severed hand, after de-boarding the single-engine plane. She was rushed to Parkland Hospital in Dallas for treatment.

Nearly a week later, her parents said Scruggs has seen her reflection for the first time in a mirror. Scruggs’ father, Jeff, told the Today Show that she held the mirror up to her face and said, “It’s not that bad.”

He added that Scruggs is doing well in physical and occupational therapies, and their main concern is cognitive and neurological issues.

On Wednesday, according to web updates from her family, Scruggs was able to walk 30 steps with the assistance of a therapist. The next day, she was able to walk a little further.

She has also been talking – reportedly requesting brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes – but as of yet is unable to eat those foods.

Scruggs’ family said doctors are still uncertain as to whether or not Scruggs’ left eye, which is still unresponsive, can be saved. Even if they do manage to save the eye itself, one longtime emergency room doctor, who has not treated Scruggs, said it is unlikely her full vision will ever be restored.

RELATED: Doctor: Model Injured by Propeller Faces Long Road to Recovery

“Going forward, they’re probably going have to do more reconstructive surgery, so they won’t know the degree of vision loss for quite some time,” Dr. Michael Lucchesi, chairman of emergency medicine and chief medical officer at Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., told FoxNews.com. “However, it would be extremely rare for her not to have some visual deficits.”

Lucchesi added that Scruggs will likely face weeks of recovery time in the hospital and will also require follow-up visits for reconstruction surgeries and other issues.

“This poor woman is going to be in the hospital for quite a while,” Lucchesi said. “This was a terrible injury for her. I know these small private planes have regulations and things, but there are still a lot of inherent dangers surrounding them. Thank goodness she’s alive.”