Microwaved Squid Sends 2 People to Hospital

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Reno police say a squid left cooking in microwave is the suspected culprit of noxious fumes that left two apartment dwellers queasy.

Authorities don't know if the squid was put in the microwave as a prank or act of cruelty when they found it Sunday night.

But they believe the squishy cephalopod was stuck in the microwave by burglars and left to cook in a communal kitchen.

Two residents made ill by the fumes were treated at a hospital.

Police were still investigating Monday.