Man Dies After Drinking Pint of Vodka in 4 Seconds

A 29-year-old man from the U.K. died after downing a pint of vodka in just four seconds.

Richard Davies gulped down the alcohol in one sitting, despite friends trying to stop him and take the glass away.

An investigation into his death revealed that traces of mephedrone, a synthetic stimulant also known as “meow meow,” were found in his body.

Since his death the legal stimulant has been banned.

Davies fell into a drunken stupor following the binge and was taken home by a friend to sleep it off.

But the amount of alcohol he had consumed in such a small space of time led to him to slip into unconsciousness and suffer acute alcohol poisoning. He was found dead just hours later.

Deputy coroner Tony Eastwood said it was the level of alcohol in his system that killed Davies and the legal high was not a contributing factor to the cause of death.

"The level of alcohol is sufficient to have killed him of acute alcohol poisoning," pathologist Jan Lowe added.

Click here to read more from The Sun.