Several members of the Long Beach Fire Department reportedly had to be revived with the opioid antidote Narcan after overdosing at an after-hours post-wedding party Sunday. The Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s Office said paramedics administered the antidote to four individuals in their late 30s at around 2 a.m.
Authorities said they believe the affected individuals, who were not named by the sheriff’s office nor by the Long Beach Fire Department, had snorted a “white powder,” according to KKFX. Authorities said they had observed two individuals displaying symptoms of an overdose, and then spotted two others.
“The Department has been made aware of a situation regarding a few of our employees that were in Santa Barbara this past weekend,” the Long Beach Fire Department said in a statement.
“The department has initiated an investigation into the potential allegations of misconduct. This is a personnel investigation and we will not be able to provide any additional information at this time.”
According to KKFX, all four individuals were transported to the hospital, although there was no update on their conditions.