- Image 1 of 3
- Image 2 of 3
- Image 3 of 3
Want to add a little heat to your dinner and spice up your weekly menu? Try this quick and easy jambalaya and pecan pie dinner for a fantastic Southern meal.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: Jambalaya, 10 minutes
Pecan Pie, 50-60 minutes
Quick and Easy Jambalaya
1. 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. 1 pound of kielbasa, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
3. 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, undrained
4. 1 cup of 10 minute rice
5. 1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
6. 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning
**Optional: Extra Hot Sauce for garnish
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the kielbasa and cook until browned, about 3 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil.
3. Stir in the rice and cajun seasoning. Reduce heat, cover, and cook for 8 minutes, or until most of the water is absorbed.
4. Stir in the shrimp and continue to cook, covered, until the shrimp are pink, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Serve hot!
1. 3 eggs
2. 1 cup brown sugar
3. 1 tablespoon all-purpose flout
4. 1 cup corn syrup
5. 2 tablespoons melted butter
6. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
7. 1 1/2 cups pecans
8. Your favorite pie crust, homemade or store bought
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, gently beat eggs. Stir in sugar and flour, then the syrup, butter and vanilla.
3. Gently fold in pecans
4. Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 50 minutes- or until knife inserted into the middle of the pie comes out clean.
**Cooks Note: If you find your crust is browning too quickly, cover the pie in aluminum foil for the first 20 minutes of baking.
Kris Schoels is the author of Young Married Chic, a blog devoted to baking, fashion, home decor, and travel.