- Image 1 of 3
- Image 2 of 3
- Image 3 of 3
Do you need ideas for a game day spread to cheer on your favorite team? Try my perfect sporty appetizers that won’t have you scrambling in the kitchen while your guests hang out in front of the TV.
I’ve got a remix of your favorite pigs in a blanket with dipping sauce, cheesy hot dip, and sweet mascot bars- all simple enough to prepare to ensure you don’t miss a goal, touchdown, home run, or basket. Go team!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Cheesy Hot Pigs in a Blanket with Mustard Dipping Sauce
? cup Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons sour cream
3 tubes of crescent roll dough
48 cocktail franks
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sliced, jarred, jalepenos
1. Preheat oven to 375º, Spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
2. For the dipping sauce, mix together ½ cup Dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons sour cream.
3. Chill sauce until serving.
4. Separate dough from 2 packages of crescent rolls into 16 triangles.
5. Cut each triangle in half.
6. Place cocktail frank on widest end of each triangle.
7. Sprinkle cheese and jalepenos over the frank before rolling.
8. Roll each up tightly.
9. Place on cookie sheet and bake 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Baked Cheesy Salsa Dip
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded Swiss
? cup cream cheese
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 7-ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
1 4-ounce can chopped green chili peppers, drained (these will be spicy)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 8oz can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup diced yellow onion
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
**Optional: Tabasco Sauce for an added spicy kick or take out the chili peppers if you want a milder dip
1. Stir together cheeses, mayonnaise, cream cheese, corn, chili peppers, ½ of the can of tomatoes, and garlic powder in a mixing bowl.
2. Spread mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
3. Combine the remainder of the diced tomatoes,onion, and cilantro, cover, and chill for an hour to allow flavors to combine (this will be placed on top of the hot dip after it is cooked).
4. Bake cheese dish in a 350 degree oven 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is bubbling.
5. Spoon chilled tomato mixture in the center of the hot cheese dip right before serving.
6. Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips, veggies, or potato wedges.
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1 (14 oz) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
? cup semisweet chocolate morsels
? cup of colored M&M’s (to match your team’s colors if you wish)
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Coat a square baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
3. Combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
4. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the crumb mixture.
5. Layer evenly with chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, and then the M&M’s. Press down firmly with a fork so the toppings are stuck into the condensed milk.
6. Bake 25 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
7. Cool for at least 30 minutes, cut into bars.
8. Store covered at room temperature.
Kris Schoels is the editor of Young Married Chic -- a blog devoted to baking, fashion, home decor and travel.