14. Serve with avocado cream.
Serves 2 as a main course
Serves 4 as an appetizer
Diane Henderiks' Baby Arugula Salad with Citrus Seared Gulf Shrimp
Ingredients for citrus marinade
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
2 packets True Lime
2 packets True Orange
1 teaspoon water
8 colossal or 16 extra large Gulf shrimp; peeled, deveined, tail on
Ingredients for salad dressing
1 tablespoon fresh sqeezed lemon juice
1 clove garlic; minced
1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
Ingredients for salad
1 small red onion; thinly sliced
1/2 cup sliced almonds; toasted
1. Make the marinade -- whisk all ingredients for marinade together in a small bowl.
2. Add the shrimp and gently toss to coat. Set aside to meld flavors.
3. Make the dressing -- in small bowl combine first 4 ingredients for dressing (lemon juice through pepper). Slowly whisk in olive oil to emulsify dressing. Set aside.
4. Preheat cast iron griddle or grill to medium heat.
5. Cook the shrimp -- use either a perforated mesh grill top pan or skewer shrimp and place on grill. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until just turn bright pink on outside and opaque in center. Remove from heat.
6. Toss dressing with arugula and divide over 4 plates. Top each salad with red onion, almonds and warm shrimp.