GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) - The Phoenix Coyotes have signed free-agent center Petteri Nokelainen to a one-year contract.
Financial terms of the deal weren't released Friday.
It's Nokelainen's second stint with Phoenix. He had one goal and one assist in 17 games with the Coyotes in 2009-10 after being acquired from Anaheim.
Nokelainen played last season for Jokerit Helsinki in his native Finland.
He was a first-round pick of the New York Islanders in 2004. Nokelainen has 17 goals and 17 assists in 189 career NHL games with the Islanders, Bruins, Ducks and Coyotes.
- Related Links
- Rookie Tyler Ennis comes up big for Sabres
- Halak anything but shaky in must-win game
- Keith: 'I just wanted to play in the NHL'
- Hornqvist latest key Pred to get hurt in playoffs
- Laperriere willing to trade pain for victory