Family Court Judge Mary Bednar dismissed the lawsuit Thursday. It was filed in 2002 by a woman identified by one of Snipes' lawyers as Lanise Pettis (search).
The woman, who didn't attend the brief proceeding, alleged she had sex with Snipes in a Chicago crackhouse and that he was the father of her 3-year-old son.
She was represented by the New York City Law Department, which said in a statement that an investigation by the city "was able to establish that, in fact, he was not the father. As a result, the city has moved to dismiss the case against him today."
Snipes refused to submit to a paternity test, but a second man, whose name hasn't been released, agreed to DNA testing and was determined to be the father of the child.
Outside the court after the lawsuit was dismissed, the 43-year-old star of the "Blade" film trilogy said: "The good Lord says `Thou shall not bear false witness against thy neighbor.' These are the tenets I live by."
Snipes said in a federal civil rights lawsuit, filed last year, that he never met the woman, and alleged she was a "mentally ill former crack addict" who had made wild claims involving celebrities such as Prince, Oprah Winfrey and former President Clinton.
Oral arguments in his lawsuit are scheduled to be heard at the U.S. Court of Appeals in the 2nd Circuit in late November, said Robert Bernhoft, a lawyer for Snipes.