PHOENIX – A Frank Lloyd Wright-designed Phoenix home that had been slated for demolition will apparently survive under a new owner.
Real estate broker Robert Joffe (JAH'-fee) says the current owners have reached an agreement to sell the early 1950s home to a buyer who wants to preserve and restore it.
Joffe says the property is being sold for the listing price of nearly $2.4 million.
He says the buyer has philanthropic motivations and wishes to remain anonymous.
The home that Wright designed for his son and daughter-in-law went on the market Oct. 22.
The current owners had planned to demolish the home in order to redevelop the 2-acre property. They put the house up for sale instead after the demolition plan stirred controversy, particularly among the architectural community.