Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Wednesday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- BEIJING - Usain Bolt and Justin Gatlin set up the sequel to their world championship sprint showdown, both winning their semifinal heats in the 200 meters. After Bolt edged the American by .01 second in Sunday's 100 final, he is now running in his favored race and seeking his record 10th world title overall.
- SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Teams have a chance to advance to the championships of their brackets at the Little League World Series when undefeated Japan and Venezuela play in the International bracket and Pearland, Texas and Lewisberry, Pa., face each other on the U.S. side
More from FoxSports
- PITTSBURGH - Michael Vick is back at work. The four-time Pro Bowl quarterback practices with the Pittsburgh Steelers for the first time.
- BEIJING - Two Kenyan runners have tested positive for doping at the world championships and have been provisionally suspended. Joyce Zakary, a 400-meter runner, and hurdler Koki Manunga tested positive for unspecified substances in targeted tests after competing in Beijing, the IAAF said.
- For Mardy Fish, it was supposed to mark a high point in his tennis career. Instead, Sept. 3, 2012, stands out as one of the most difficult days of his life.
- MINNEAPOLIS -The contractor for the Minnesota Vikings stadium under construction says one worker has died and another has been injured while doing roofing work. Mortensen Construction executive John Wood says two employees of Berwald Roofing fell while working on the north side of the partially constructed stadium Wednesday morning. The incident brought work on the stadium to a halt.
- FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Ryan Fitzpatrick and the New York Jets prepare for their third preseason game when they take on the Giants in a ''road'' game at MetLife Stadium on Saturday.
- ARLINGTON, Texas - David Price starts for the surging Blue Jays as they face Colby Lewis and the Rangers. Game starts at 8:05 p.m.