Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Sunday. A full Sports Digest will be sent about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
- SHEBOYGAN, Wis. - Jason Day, going after his first major title, has a two-shot lead over Jordan Spieth entering the last round of the PGA Championship. Spieth is looking to win his third major of the year.
- PHILADELPHIA - Tim Tebow takes his first snaps in an NFL game in two years when the Eagles open their preseason schedule against Andrew Luck and the Indianapolis Colts. Game starts 1 p.m.
More from FoxSports
- TAMPA, Fla. - Jameis Winston's preseason debut didn't go as smoothly as he would have liked. The Buccaneers, however, come away feeling good about the progress by the rookie quarterback.
- BROOKLYN, Mich. - Joe Gibbs Racing will have the top three starters for the 400-mile race at Michigan International Speedway. Kyle Busch is at the back after wrecking his car in practice. Race starts 2:30 p.m.
- CHICAGO - The Cubs try to make it 10 straight wins and 16 in 17 games when they wrap up their series against the White Sox. Chris Sale starts for the White Sox, Dan Haren for the Cubs. Game starts 2:10 p.m.
- COLUMBUS, Ohio - About a week into the most-talked-about quarterback competition in the country, Ohio State's Cardale Jones and J.T. Barrett are expected to be the main attraction at Buckeyes' media day.
- PITTSBURGH - Sam Mikulak takes a healthy lead into the final day of the U.S. men's gymnastics championships.
- PORTLAND, Ore. - Brooke Henderson, a 17-year-old Canadian, leads by five strokes entering the last round of the Cambia Portland Classic on the LPGA Tour.
- PITTSBURGH - The U.S. women, in their first game since winning the World Cup in Canada last month, play Costa Rica in an exhibition game. Game starts 1:30 p.m.
- Two Rogers Cup tennis finals in Canada: Novak Djokovic vs. Andy Murray in Montreal; Belinda Bencic vs. Simona Halep in Toronto.
- MONACO - Track and field's governing body denies suppressing the publication of a study in which a third of top athletes surveyed acknowledge violating doping rules.