The Green Bay Packers signed tight endEmanuel Byrdand placed cornerback Herb Waterson injured reserve, the team announced Saturday.
More Packers coverage from FOX Sports Wisconsin
- Packers place Waters on IR, sign TE Byrd
- Aaron Rodgers hopes to stay with Packers through age 40
- Packers' Thompson 'good to go' entering 13th year as GM
- Packers' Cobb refueled for season after big offseason
- Packers rookie DT Adams to miss 'multiple weeks' following surgery
Waters re-injured his shoulder in training camp and will have to miss the rest of the season.
Signed as an undrafted free agent in 2016, Waters converted from wide receiver to cornerback and spent the regular season on Green Bay's practice squad. He was activated for the playoffs and appeared in the Packers' first two postseason games.
Green Bay signed Byrd, who played 21 games for the Marshall Thundering Herd in college. Byrd totaled 45 receptions for 456 yards and four touchdowns in his collegiate career.