Feb. 9: Kia Brown pushes her daughter Kara's stroller down the street in Calumet Park, Ill. as forecasters say a winter storm is expected to bring up to a foot of snow to parts of Illinois.AP
Feb. 2: People dig out cars in Ridgeview, S.D., buried by an ice storm and blizzard that swept through the region nearly two weeks earlier. (AP)
TRAVEL BY CAR
• Google Traffic Meter: Zoom in on your state and see how traffic is moving. The color-coded map will let you know if it's moving slow, normal or fast.
• Live Traffic Cameras in Your City: TrafficLand.com shows you the roads before you leave home.
• National Traffic and Road Closure: Find out what's closed before you leave home.
• AAA Daily Fuel Gauge Report: Find the best gas deals before trekking in the cold
• GasBuddy.com: Web site searches the cheapest unleaded gas prices in your area.
TRAVEL BY PLANE
• FoxBusiness.com's Flight Tracker: Check to see if your flight is running on time.
• Airport Guidelines: Check out what you're currently allowed to bring onboard.
• Reserve Parking at Airport: Before you fly, ensure you have a spot to leave your car.
• Use Twitter for Flight Updates: Travelocity has updates on this social media tool.
• AAA Tips & Advice: Traffic tips for Thanksgiving travel in the Mid-Atlantic area.
TRAVEL BY TRAIN
• AmTrak Delays: Commuters are advised to check to ensure their train is running on schedule.