Brooklyn woman on oxygen lights cigarette, dies in fire

A Brooklyn woman who was smoking while using her oxygen tank died after her bedroom caught fire late Monday, police said.

Beverly Douglas, 65, of Bedford-Stuyvesant suffered fatal smoke inhalation in the 10 p.m. blaze in the home at the corner of Gates and Throop avenues, according to police.

Douglas was found unconscious and unresponsive in her bed and rushed to Woodhull Hospital, but she could not be saved, officials said.

Click for more from The New York Post

More On This...