Editor's note: Each week, Bruce Feldman and Stewart Mandel will break down their top-10 teams based on the most recent slate of games. Here is Feldman's rankings after Week 6:
1. Utah: They got a bunch of turnovers from Cal to hang on and survive against a potent Bears team. The Utes' win over Michigan in the opener looks even better but their rout at Oregon, a three-loss team that just lost at home to Wazzu, now looks worse.
2. Baylor: The most explosive team has destroyed everyone. The competition has been very soft but you can't knock how they handle it all.
More from FoxSports
3. Florida: Impressive work by Jim McElwain's young team to avoid a letdown after smashing Ole Miss by dominating Mizzou.
4. Clemson: The Tigers have some nice wins and keep advancing.
5. LSU: Leonard Fournette isn't the only superb RB on the Tigers team.
6. Texas A&M: The Aggies were off, but will get a chance to make a case to be No. 1 with 'Bama coming to town next week.
7. Ohio State: Another week, another surprisingly close call as the Terps hung around for a lot longer than anyone would've imagined, giving OSU lots of problems on the ground.
8. TCU: The banged-up D had its hands full at K-State before QB Trevone Boykin bailed the Horned Frogs out for the comeback win.
9. Florida State: RB Dalvin Cook and QB Everett Golson were terrific, and the 'Noles needed them to be to squeak past Miami at home.
10. Michigan: Three consecutive shutouts is impressive, as is the Wolverines outscoring their opponents 157-17 over their last 19 quarters.
Bruce Feldman is a senior college football reporter and columnist for FOXSports.com and FS1. He is also a New York Times best-selling author. His new book, "The QB: The Making of Modern Quarterbacks," came out in October 2014. Follow him on Twitter @BruceFeldmanCFB and Facebook.