The weather is getting warmer and summer flavors are starting to show up everywhere. Strawberries are just coming into season in some parts of the country and these Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies are a great way to use them. The best part is the incredible smell of strawberries when they come out of the oven. This recipe is adapted from Elle's New England Kitchen.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 5 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees; line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt; set aside.
- In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on high speed until light and creamy. Add sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and stir in flour mixture just until combined.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in strawberries.
- Use a medium cookie dough scoop (~2 tablespoons) to place cookie dough balls on prepared baking sheets 1-2 inches apart. Bake cookies for about 10 minutes or until tops are firm.
- Allow to cool on cooling racks and serve immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to two days.