Paraguayan prosecutors say they have started going through the documents seized during a raid of the headquarters of the South American soccer confederation and will send them to the U.S., which is leading a probe on corruption in soccer.

The U.S. Justice Department last year indicted several soccer officials and businessmen in an alleged scheme that involved receiving bribes for commercial rights to Copa America and other tournaments.

The men charged include the three last presidents of the CONMEBOL confederation, which has its offices in Asuncion, Paraguay.

Prosecutor Hernan Galeano said authorities seized contracts dating from 1991 to 2015 during Thursday's raid.

"The main issues are the contracts between CONMEBOL and the companies that owned the marketing rights to Copa Libertadores and Copa America," Galeano said Friday.