Fast facts on Meals on Wheels:
- Total seniors served by Meals on Wheels programs in 2016: 2,405,394;
- total meals served in 2016: 219 million;
- meals on Wheels serves more than 500,000 veterans each year;
- government funds account for 3% of the group’s national office total revenue in 2015;
- the overwhelming majority of revenue (68%) came from corporate and foundation grants;
- 1/3 of the funding for local programs comes from another federal program -- the Older Americans Act -- which is under the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Source: Meals on Wheels America, 2015 Financial Statement and 2016 Fact sheet